How to clean a fountain pen.
With or without cartridge, fountain pen remains the most beautiful and the most powerful weapon!
Of course, with all the digital, we have a little lost the habit, but what a pleasure to write a beautiful letter or just scribble a few words with a fountain pen!
When your fountain pen has not been used for a long time, or if you want to change the color of the ink, it may be necessary to clean the pen to get rid of the dried ink inside and may alter the flow rate of the ink.
Here is some advice from L'Ecritoire to clean your fountain pen, and then write with optimal pleasure!
1. Carefully disassemble your pen by unscrewing the pen from the pen body.
2. Remove the ink cartridge or ink convector from the pen. If there is still ink inside either, be careful to keep it upside down to prevent ink from escaping. It will then be possible to refill in the cleaned pen the cartridge already started or the convector still filled.
3. Pass the pen (with the pen down) under a thin stream of tap water (warm water) so that the ink flows. Optionally, do the same with the convector to clean it before changing ink.
4. Place the fountain pen and convector in a glass of warm, soapy water for a few hours or overnight, changing the water from time to time until it is clear (no need to pick up the night!)
5. Rinse one last time with fresh water.
6. Dry the fountain pen and convector with a paper towel or a soft, clean cloth, and let the pen finish drying in the open air for a couple of hours.
And now, the fountain pen is ready to be inked! and run on the sheet! ...